Friday 13 May 2016

Prolific USB To Serial Driver Fix!

Windows 10 Prolific USB To Serial Driver Fix!

Prolific USB To Serial Driver problems, Devices using PL-2303 H/HXA/HX/X version chips with Windows 32 and 64-bit Operating Systems - For Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10!

Errors like:
"This Device cannot start (Code 10)"
"No driver installed for this device"
"Device driver was not successfully installed"

Most OpenCPN users who use USB to Serial adapters to feed the required information (GPS & AIS) into their PC will have found that after the upgrade to Windows 10 their adapters no longer function. The Internet is full of discussions about this problem, but no one seems to really know what causes it. Some companies selling USB to Serial adapters appear to be dumbfounded, but they will happily sell you the latest and greatest.

I tried all sorts of drivers and had all but given up, I was convinced the only fix was to buy the latest version USB - Serial adapters. Then some thing on a google search caught my eye, "Prolific USB To Serial Driver Fix!"  from a company who writes software for drag racers, I know what your thinking 'what the', but I got to say they saved me a over a hundred dollars because I no longer needed to replace my USB - Serial adapters. 

Here is the web site, please donate if you use the drivers because in reality its saved us all a few dollars


If like me you install the drivers and think they dont work, reboot with the USB-Serial adaptor plugged into the PC and they work like a treat.

While I have only commented on OpenCPN users, I know there are a heap of other programs out there that use USB - Serial adapters, software the likes of, SOB, SeaMax, QuickCharts:- MemoryMap, EasyGPS, proAIS, MapSource, Airmail3:-SailMail, to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment