NOTE there is an overnight instruction.
- 3 pounds of ripe tomatoes - chopped
- 1 pound of onions - chopped
- 1 pound of sugar (white)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 /2 tablespoons of mustard
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- OVERNIGHT put the chopped tomatoes, onions and the salt & pepper in a sealed container and refrigerate over night. In the morning, just before your ready to cook - drain the mixture.
- put the drained mixture into a large saucepan
- cover with vinegar
- add the sugar
- simmer for 20 minutes to dissolve the sugar
- mix all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and mix with a little vinegar to make a sloppy mixture
- stirring the main mixture constantly add the dry/sloppy mixture
- cook for 20 minutes